Monday, December 11, 2006

Scottish update

The Sportfight show was awesome, well run with a classy crowd and hosts.

I got tooled in my fight after being on the guys back for a round and unable to finish him off. I'll have to wait to see the video to see what happened but I think punched in the head a lot by a heavier guy.

More bad news is my right thumb is snapped. I'm having surgery at 10.30 tomorrow, so that sucks.

Daves fight was pretty damn action packed considering it only went one minute forty something with a slam two takedowns and some bombs thrown but he won through a leglock battle that was pretty hairy!

I'll post up the videos when they are available.

See you guys tonight.















Dave Elliot, Kevin McAlonan

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian, that's hard luck mate. Hope the surgery goes well and I will get in touch in a couple of days.

Cheers, kempie

5:11 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Thanks man, fingers crossed it's a minor thing and they'll just re-align and strap it. I'll give you a call tomorrow and come through for a visit soon :)

5:19 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

That's the first broken bone I've had in my life!

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying not to make a gag about "broken" and "bone" but I'm not sure if I can hold out much longer...

Unlucky Ian mate, hope if comes out alright, catch ya in a couple of days!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gutted for you mate, I hope you're ok..

You fought a good fight and dominated the first round against a noticeably bigger and heavier opponent.

Hope you're ok mate!

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home