Sunday, November 26, 2006

Northern Open


Urban Gorillaz Northern Open 2006

The Gracie Barra Newcastle team came away with one gold and two bronze medals from the competition.

Lisa got the gold in Female Blue -58.5kg after fighting Pippa Granger in a best of three contest and winning match one by 7x0 and match two by 4x0. James got the bronze in Blue Super Super by tapping out his opponent by kimura. Neil got bronze in White Lightweight after out-pointing his first opponent and then coming back to out-point in the bronze play-off.

A good day was had by all. Good luck to Chris at ValHalla.

6 Comments:

Blogger NeilD said...

Was an ace day, was real pleased with my first fight, bit gutted about my second and pleased with my bronze play off heh! - Ace fights from Lisa like, Pippa didn't get a look in!

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done boyo's....oh and girlo

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well glad I took the day off to day as I have been stiff as a board, problem help if my stand up was better so I wasn't taken down all the time :)

Was a good day though, every one performed well I thought and there was some good matches in general to be seen. I still can't believe it was actaully running ahead of schedule at one point :)

How are your ribs today neil?

5:21 PM  
Blogger NeilD said...

Actually, alright mate.. bit sore but better than before the tourney lol.. Still played it safe and sat out sparring tho...

I was off work today too.......... ;)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Ahsan said...

well done guys

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done all

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home